The Welfare Department at Bentleigh RSL Sub Branch Incorporated has developed a wide range of services and resources to support members, their families and the broader community. We are committed to the welfare of veterans and widows ensuring that the best possible assistance is provided whether they are in their own homes or residential aged care facilities.
In House Programs
- A Day Club held on Tuesdays has a range of activities such as concerts, guest speakers and bus trips.
- Exercise Programs (conducted by Pace Health Management). The aim of the exercise programs is to improve muscle strength, balance, flexibility and functioning in daily activities with reduced risk of falls.
- Friendship program assists isolated members and veterans to come in for lunch once a month that can no longer access the Bentleigh RSL on their own.
- Key safe program that allows emergency services to assess your home in the case of an emergency.
- Smoke detector batteries changed annually
- Our Library is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and has an up to date range of books and DVDs for members to borrow.
- Computer classes conducted by SANITY
We provide information on how to access aged care placements, respite entitlements, home care services and packages available to you within the home.
Welfare Hospital/Home Visits and Aged Care Support
- Our Aged Care Support Officer will assist with your needs to maintain living independently in the community and support you whilst you are in hospital to maintain the relationship with the RSL
- Weekly telephone support calls
- Weekly home support visits
- Liaising with extended family members/carers as required
- Support members in aged care facilities in the local area
- Support and assist during times of Bereavement
- Financial support in necessitous circumstances.
- Small maintenance jobs and gardening is available to veterans and war widows.
- Student Community Service programs & Holiday Camps
- Disability Pensions VEA, MRCA and SRCA
- War Widow Pensions
- Reviews and increases
Please note our office is manned by volunteers and are D.V.A. Trained & Approved. All appointments are arranged only via the Welfare Coordinator.
Any Service, Affiliate Members or Women’s Auxiliary Members are entitled to an RSL Funeral Service.
Appeals and Commemorative Services
- ANZAC Day
- Remembrance Day
Sylvia Lindsay – Welfare Coordinator
Phone: 9557 4547